- Don’t get fooled by the high prices of the Shikaras, as a resident of the houseboat you are entitled to at least two complementary rides in a day.
- Carry mosquito repellent so that you are able to enjoy the view without buzzing disturbances.
- Try preventing yourself from buying jewellery or other items that the Shikara walas bring to your houseboat because they are overly priced and you’ll get the same thing for much less at the markets in the city.
- You can go Jet skiing or do other water sports in Dal Lake, but don’t go swimming in the Dal because you can never be sure of its cleanliness.
- If you are out travelling in the city then try coming back before midnight, because even though the houseboats boast about 24×7 service of the shikaras. You will end up really struggling for one at night!