A: With pleasure! We think it’s a great idea to make your vacation time even more entertaining and productive. You get to experience the location in a wholly new way, make new friends and return with a new skill that might even flesh out into a business venture.
Here is a list of things we sure want to learn:
- Spa and Massages- From beauty massages to aromatherapy and naturopathy, take your pick and learn in just a matter of hours. London. www.gatewayworkshops.com
- Art – Like to doodle and daddle? One day landscape painting workshops in Paris, on Sundays. France. www.atelieralupi.com
- Photography- For those who are enthusiastic with the lens. Jim Atwood’s photography courses all round the year. Pre booking mandatory. Tokyo. www.jimatwood.net
- Shoe-making- Learn how to fashion sandals, ballerinas or pumps and design them as per you will. Bookings on your convenience. London. www.icanmakeshoes.com/workshops
- Acting- Want to feel like a Broadway star? One and two days masterclasses with professionals. New York City. http://www.thebroadwayworkshop.com
- Dance- Shake a leg in a foreign land. Learn salsa, jive, tango and other dance forms in intensive one day workshops. London. www.swingland.com
- Cooking, Winery and Baking- London has a host of bread baking workshops, happening almost every day. Take a chocolate making workshop, and who knows, you might start your own chocolate business!
One day workshops for gourmet Spanish cooking, and for learning about wines and olive oils are also a worthy option. USA and Europe. www.catacurian.com