- There is a £2.20 minimum taxi black cab fare at all times
- The fare shown on the meter at the end of the journey is the maximum cash fare that may be charged.
- The passenger will be expected to pay the full fare amount displayed on the meter at the end of the journey unless the driver and passenger agree on the final fare to be charged before the start of the journey.
- The taxi meter automatically adds a charge based on time for any part of the journey when the speed drops below 10.4 mph.
- Fares within Greater London depend on the time of day, distance travelled and taxi speed, and are displayed on the meter.
- The driver is not obliged to accept a hiring if the destination is outside Greater London, the fare for such a journey may be negotiated between the driver and hirer.