MasterChef India season 2 Winner Shipra Khanna journeyed around the Alps and brought back a delicious mash up of Swiss and Indian flavours. Here’s what she has to say about her new masterpiece:
‘Cooking at the Alps! Unbelievable experience with Swiss tourism and Cox and kings..!Getting the Nations together with food..Created a new recipe “SwisInd Chicken” (Swiss and Indian flavors) ’.
Want to try it? Let’s help you make it first.
2 pieces Chicken (leg and thigh)
1tbsp chopped garlic
1tsp ginger finely minced
1 cup ground cashews
1 cup cream
1 cup milk
1/2 cup water
2 tbsp olive oil to sauté chicken
2 tsp freshly garam masala
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 tsp lime juice
- In a bowl, marinate chicken with salt, pepper and lime juice and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- In a pan heat oil and fry chicken till light golden in colour.
- In another pan heat oil and sauté garlic and ginger till light brown ,then add cashews and sauté till light golden in colour.
- Once done add garam masala and season with salt and pepper and add two cubes of butter to it mixing till well incorporated.
- Add the fried chicken to it and along with it add Cream, milk and cook on low flame for 10 minutes.
- Then add water and cook further for 10 minutes on medium flame.
- While it is cooking, in a separate bowl toss spinach and cut cherry tomatoes in balsamic vinegar and olive oil season according to taste.
- Once the chicken is cooked take the pieces out on a plate.
- Sieve the gravy and serve the chicken with smooth gravy along with spinach salad.
Shipra Khanna has been taken on board by Tourism Australia and Cox & Kings as their culinary patron. Her culinary trail celebrates food and wine experiences in Switzerland with cookery sessions, local food market visits and MasterChef inspired recipes.