- The Short-Stay Visa Waiver Scheme was introduced in July 2011 to encourage tourism to the island of Ireland.
- The scheme allows visitors from specific Eastern Europe, Middle East and Asian countries who have a valid UK C general visa to visit Ireland without the need for a separate Irish Visa.
- The visa waiver scheme requires a once validation in the UK for the UK C general visa before it can be used to visit Ireland.
- Visitors must travel to Ireland within the time remaining on their current UK 180 day leave to remain.
- If it has been more than 180 days since the last visit to the UK you will not be able to travel to Ireland without an Irish visa.
- Please refer to the official INIS information note on the Visa Waiver Programme for more detailed information. This information can be found on www.Ireland.com