- The ‘restaurant special’ or ‘soup of the day’ is often special only because they are trying to finish it off before it goes bad.
- That slice of lemon in your drink—looks lovely, but isn’t clean. Everybody touches it, and nobody washes it. Cheers!
- If you ask ‘Is this dish made from vegetable stock?,” many waiters will say ‘Yes,’ which is a lie. The truth is, you cannot tell the difference, so they don’t bother clarifying.
- If you ask your waiter ‘how’s this dish,’ and she says, ‘It’s one of our most popular,’ chances are she hates it, but isn’t supposed to tell you that. Ask her to recommend a good dish instead.
- If you’re worried about how clean the kitchen is, visit the restaurant’s loo. If that is dirty, you can be sure the kitchen is much worse.
(Secrets spilled by veteran waiters to Readers Digest magazine, USA )
A few years back, a restaurant in Tampa had a major roach problem. We don’t want anything like this happening to you.
For more nasty secrets, take a look here.