We asked Jupiter Huidrom, who took the plunge not-so-long back and here’s his advice for first time jumpers.
- It is important to sign up with a reputable bungee jumping company. Choose a company that has been in business for awhile and check on their safety record.
- Before you decide to sign up for a jump, read up about the sport or talk to someone who has bungee experience.
- Always wear comfortable shoes when you jump. Avoid flip-flops or slippers.
- Avoid the bungee if you have a heart condition or high BP.
- Do not try to maneuver the bungee cord during the jump. This could result in the cord getting strapped around your body or neck.
- Put your arms out as you free-fall and cross your arms over the shoulders when you recoil. This way you can ensure that there is no obstruction to the recoiling cord.
- It is okay to back-out at the last moment! – Most important, says Jupiter!
You can read about Jupiter’s experience here: What Does Bungee Jumping feel like?